Find Self Storage Tips Here
Here are some helpful tips to prepare your NJ storage space:
- Prepare your storage space by placing a plastic sheet or a pallet on the floor under your goods to guard against dampness.
- Place items that you may need to access often in the front of the unit.
- Allow for walkways.
- Leave an air space around the unit’s perimeter to aid in ventilation.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Stack them shoulder high to maximize your total storage space.
- Pack stereos, cameras and other high value items in unmarked boxes towards the rear of the storage space.
- Wedge appliance doors open. Freezer, refrigerator, washer and dryer cartons are excellent for packing bedding, towels and clothing.
- Always clean your stove before storing.
- Sofas and love-seats can be stored on end to save floor space.
- Always place a protective cover under the item on the concrete.
- Cushions should be wrapped in plastic and placed on top.
Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE: (i.e, paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
- Cover all your stored possessions with a light plastic sheet.
- In humid areas, allow for ventilation.
- Use a good quality lock on your door.
- Cheap locks rust and do not provide good security.
- Although we do not have a problem with rodents, using a D-CON BAIT pack for rodent protection is recommended.